Saturday, November 15, 2008

Poor Libby


When we were making the decision to come to China, whether or not we could bring our pet Chihuahua was a big factor. When I was interviewing for the position in Hong Kong back in April I knew I had to broach the subject. The interviewer asked me to hold on, made a quick call, and then replied, "Yes, you can bring the dog." It was THEN that I knew that this job was a possibility.

A couple weeks ago Libby was in "her time" and got out. When she was found she had a new "friend" who was 5 times bigger than her. The idea of having puppies is not something we want to deal with here so we decided to to take some advice from Bob Barker and "have our pet dog spayed or neutered."

Last Sunday Libby made the trek to church with us (sleeping quietly in her little purse bag) and then had an appointment for a little operation after. The vet put her out. Gabriel was very nervous and was "praying to Jesus" a lot more than usual. As a parent you think, "Hey, whatever gets them praying..."

Libby came through it OK. She was kind of out of it for a couple days but was treated like a Queen in the Hackman household. That lasted until last night when we came home and found she pooped on the kitchen floor. Now she's just back in the "doghouse".

2 comments:

Brook said...

in all fairness (and I can only relate as a male to this female's violation), if someone snipped my "reproductive products", I think at the very least I, too, would feel the need to take a crap in their kitchen. just sayin'...
:)

Steve H. said...

True...very true!