Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Anniversary


I'm going to take a break from our stories in China to mark a special anniversary for Tammy and I. It's not our wedding anniversary, or one of our birthdays. No...on Dec. 8 1991, Tammy and I fell in love. Our relationship went from a friendship to realizing we were going to get married.

We were at a mutual friends wedding in Chicago. Perhaps it was the romance in the air...but we kissed...then prayed and asked for God's direction and blessing. One week later I flew down to Louisiana and asked her to marry me.

We never dated!. We literally went from being platonic friends to engagement. Would totally recommend it. I married my best friend.


Seventeen years later, we're still here. Loving God, loving each other, loving others!

So for all you guys or girls who secretly pine for that "friend". There is hope! :)

6 comments:

Teresa & Connie said...

Happy falling in love anniversary. You guys are so cute!

Steve H. said...

Thanks Teresa

Paul Patrash said...

Steve, Did you decide to do this after watching the "doghouse" video I sent you!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2md4uGmMU

Steve H. said...

Paul,

That doghouse video was a scream :)

But no...Just something Tam and I were ta;ling about the other day!

Kelly said...

I love the old picture of you guys! Fantastic.

Beatrix said...

an encouraging love story to me, hahaha....