Friday, August 8, 2008

Jonus Brothers





Ok, I have to backtrack some blog entries that I have been meaning to do but the whirlwind of leaving did not allow.

Those of you that know Gabriel know that he loves all things Disney Channel. After Miley (Hanna Montana) Cyrus, the biggest thing going in that world is The Jonas Brothers. (If you have no idea what I am talking about it means you don't have a child between the ages of 9 and 15).

I have always been proud of my son's musical choices, but when he announced one day that he liked the Jonas Brothers (the 2000's equivalent of Hanson) more than Queen (arguably one of the most musically respected rock bands in music history) I went into a depression. Was it me? Was it my parenting skills? What could cause this breakdown in musical taste? "It must be Tammy's fault" I thought.

Anyhow, I started checking out The Jonas Brothers (or Jo Bros for those in the know...insert fist bump). Found out they are 3 Christian teens whose father was a minister...good there. They pray together as a family before every concert...better, and wear fidelity rings...Ok, they're in!

Well, I found out they were going to play at Fiddler's Green in Denver 2 weeks before we left for China. I went online and bought tickets but didn't tell Gabriel. We told him we had to go to a dinner in Denver and that he needed to come along...until the last minute when we showed him we had tickets for the Jonas Brothers and that we were going to the concert that night. Thought he was going to have a seizure right there. We made it a men's night as Gabriel and I along with our best bud's Tre and his two boys Trevor and Preston.

Fiddler's Green was packed with thousands of "tweeners" and I soon found out that teenage girls can scream at a level that can literally shatter eardrums. To their credit, The Jonus Brothers themselves are pretty musically talented and I enjoyed the concert much more than I thought I would. Large screens showed close-ups of the boys (and their fidelity rings...which I assume that the large number of questionably dressed girls would have loved to put to a test).

Anyhow, in the car going to the concert I asked Gabriel, who seemed lost in thought, what he was thinking? He said with a smile, "I was thinking how cool my dad is." Yes I Am!!

No comments: